On Friday, December 3, 2021, the UMN Library held a technical guidance activity towards UMN librarian certification from the National Professional Certification Agency (BNSP)
This activity was guided by Mr. Dhama Gustiar, S.IP., M.Pd. as the Competency Assessor for the Certification of Librarians of the National Professional Certification Agency (BNSP). This activity took place in the Halmahera Room, Building C UMN.
For approximately 3 hours, Mr. Dhama Gustiar provided information about Indonesian librarian certification, how it started, and why certification is needed for librarians, both civil servants and private librarians.
Mr. Dhama emphasizes on 5 dimensions of competence that can measure the extent of a person's competence, the five dimensions include:
- Task skills are some skills to carry out routine tasks according to workplace standards
- Task management skills are skills to manage the different sets of tasks that arise in the job
- Contingency management skills are skills to take quick and appropriate action when a problem arises at work
- Job role environment skills are skills to work together and maintain a comfortable work environment.
- Transfer skills are skills to adapt to a new work environment
In this activity, UMN librarians also simulated the later certification exam work and prepare the documents that needed to be prepared in the hope that UMN librarians would be ready and pass the certification exams.